Agreement for repair
The terms set out in these Conditions of Repair (“Agreement”) shall apply to the service (“Service”) we provide to repair your phone, tablet, computer and/or any accessories (“Device”) outlined on the service check-in form.
Reference to “us”, “we” and “our” refer to iElectron and references to “you” and “your” are references to you (“Customer), the person addressed on this form.
All repairs (unless otherwise stated)
- This agreement shall commence at the moment that your Device is booked into our system, or when you have completed the online booking form.
- We shall make reasonable efforts to repair your Device subject to the availability of any parts required and/or the terms of any relevant guarantee or warranty. We shall perform the Service using our utmost care and skill.
- We shall use either original or high quality compatible parts for the repairs of all Devices.
- We shall require the passcode of your Device in order to test the Device before and after the Service. Should you prefer to keep this information private, we can still proceed with an appointment, but will not be able to perform a full functional check on the Device until you return to the store, which can delay the provision of the Service, if any adjustments need to be made.
- Times stated for the repair of devices are estimates, although We will do our utmost to return your device as soon as reasonably possible. These estimates do not form any obligation under the terms of this agreement. Certain repairs, including repairs on the mainboard level, can take up to 5 working days to complete. Repairs that require parts to be ordered for the Device are subject to additional wait times to receive aforementioned part(s).
- In the event that we have ordered parts for your Device, and you wish to collect your Device while waiting for the arrival of said parts, the entire approved repair must be paid in full before the device can be collected.
- If you have approved a repair and then change your mind more than 24 hours after approval, a payment of 50% of the originally approved repair may be required for the cancellation. This is due to the part being already dispatched and paid for by iElectron, as well as covering the time spent on diagnostics, ordering and the cost of the part & shipping.
- We shall notify you when the Device has been repaired and is available for collection from store. If the device has not been collected it will be held on our premises for storage. Any delivery from our premises will be chargeable. If necessary, we shall send a reminder and the device will be recycled if not collected by day 60.
- If we are unable to complete the Service for any reason, or the Service will incur further costs payable by you beyond that initially estimated by us, we will notify you immediately via telephone and/or email. If no fault is found on your Device or you do not accept our revised estimate, we will return your Device to you unrepaired and we reserve the right to charge you an inspection fee in accordance with our standard charges.
- The cost of repair will be calculated where possible in accordance with our standard charges as published from time to time.
- We shall be entitled to keep your Device until all charges payable have been paid. We may also charge an additional fee for storage of your Device if it remains uncollected for more than 2 weeks after the completion of work (when we deem the Device to be ready for collection/shipment).
- Use of our service may void your manufacturer’s warranty. If you would like to avoid this, then please take your Device directly to the manufacturer. Please note, your manufacturer’s warranty will not cover any accidental damage which the device has incurred, including liquid damage.
- iElectron may install warranty seals following the repair. Any tampering of the seals will void the iElectron warranty.
Our products and repairs are covered by the warranty terms outlined in the table below:
|Phone and Tablet Screen Replacement
|Phone and Tablet Smaller Parts
|Laptop Screen Replacement
|Laptop Smaller Parts
|Liquid Damage Repair
|Component Level Repair (Level 3 Board Repair)
- The Warranty is linked to a specific device as identified by its unique IMEI or serial number and to a specific Customer as identified by the records on our system. It will cover the Customer for any re-occurrence of the original fault and for the part replaced / repaired only, however if additional faults arise, they will not be covered under the terms of this Warranty. Furthermore, the Warranty will not cover accidental damage, nor will the cover extend should the device change ownership.
- In the event of a warranty issue with a previously repaired Device, we will first attempt to re-repair the issue free of charge. If the issue reoccurs again, we will then check the Device to confirm the fault before processing a refund for the original repair.
- If we are refunding a repair to your Device, it may be necessary for us to reclaim part(s) that we have installed on your Device. If this is the case, we will endeavour to replace the installed part(s) with an intact part(s), but this is not always possible. If an intact part(s) is not available, we will replace it with a faulty or damaged part(s) which may be in worse condition than the part(s) which was originally replaced. Also, it may not always be possible to replace the part(s) with one of the same colour that was originally installed.
- In the event that a warranty issue becomes apparent with your Device and parts will need to be replaced under warranty, but the faulty part is worn from use, we may replace the part with a used, but functioning part.
- In the event that a part needs to be ordered to repair your device under warranty, we will endeavour to source said part as efficiently as possible. If we are unable to source and receive the required part within 60 days, we may offer you a refund in leau of a repair of the Device.
- We do not accept responsibility for any progression in damage where your Device has been repaired elsewhere prior to your repair at iElectron or any issues found in your Device (i.e. ‘Touch Disease’, ripped flex) which were not evident upon initial inspection. Should any issues become evident, once the Device is opened, we will contact you via telephone/email.
- We do not accept responsibility for any progression in damage for Devices that have been damaged by liquid. Opening the Device could set off further damage which in some cases may be very serious and irreparable.
- Any further repairs or attempted repairs by a third party or any other party after iElectron has repaired the device will immediately void the iElectron warranty. This includes any disassembly of said device, by anyone not employed by iElectron.
- Should your Device display any further issues relating to the liquid damage during the Warranty period, we will re-assess and re-quote for the work as needed. We will also offer a full refund of all monies paid by you with respect to repairs carried out to your Device, excluding the €20 up-front cost, should you wish to take this option.
- Following any repair, any water proofing or resistance cannot be guaranteed.
Our entire liability in respect of any single cause of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement (whether for breach of contract, tort, including negligence, statute or otherwise at all) shall be limited, to the extent that the cause of action related to our supply of the Services, at our exclusive option to: (a) supplying the Services again; (b) payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again; or (c) repaying you any amount that you have paid in respect of the Services.
The following terms are directly related to the use of our online courier service with relation to both the collection from your address for shipment to us, and the return delivery to you after work is completed.
- Goods must be packaged for collection appropriately, using a sturdy box as well as sufficient packaging to protect the device in transit.
- DPD provide insurance of €15 per kilogram of weight of the device, so any device that was damaged/lost in transit is insured based on this rate.
- All collection bookings are made for the following working day, except in the event that the booking is placed after 5pm midweek, or outside of our opening hours.
- DPD endeavour to deliver all packages (each way), on the day after the pick-up, but this is not guaranteed and can on occasions take longer.
- Any issues with lost or missing packages will be handled by DPD Insurance department and can take up to 30 working days to process insurance claims.
- Any issues with damaged or undelivered packages must be outlined via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of the delivery or expected delivery date.
In the event that you have a warranty issue with a device we have previously repaired and have used our online courier service, iElectron will cover the cost of return shipping once the warranty repair has been completed. If we diagnose the issue and it is not a warranty issue, or no fault is found with the device, the standard shipping charges apply for the return of your Device.
Any data which is stored on the device when it is booked onto our system is your responsibility solely; we accept no liability for the loss or corruption of data however caused, and we therefore recommend that you back up your data prior to submission of said Device.
Under no circumstances shall We be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including loss of revenue, goodwill or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage of whatsoever nature howsoever arising.
We shall not be liable for any claim arising under this Agreement unless you give us written notice of the claim within three months of becoming aware of the circumstances giving rise to the claim or, if earlier, three months from the time you ought reasonably to have become aware of such circumstances.
In certain circumstances, when we are performing a component level repair, we are unable to guarantee a repair on the device. Due to the nature of these issues, there is a possibility that the damage may worsen to the stage where the device is no longer repairable. In these cases, we will refund all payments for the repair, but out liability extends no further.
If we elect to not enforce any provision of this Agreement, that does not constitute a waiver of said provision(s).
This Agreement sets out the entire agreement and understanding between you and us in connection with its subject matter.
This Agreement may not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing signed by or on behalf of you and us.
If any part of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable it will be severed from the rest of the Agreement so that it is effective to the extent that it shall not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Use of our repair service may void your manufacturer’s warranty.
Any data or information that you may have stored on the Device shall remain your sole responsibility and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data however caused and we therefore highly recommend that you back up your Device onto an external drive prior to your repair.
We do not take responsibility for any progression in damage for Devices that have been damaged by liquid. Although unlikely, opening the Device could set off further damage and in some cases may be very serious and irreparable.
We shall offer 3 month warranty for liquid damage repairs. In the event that your Device displays more issues related to the original liquid damage after the initial repair, this new issue will be treated separately and the Device will be reassessed for faults, and the repair will be re-quoted.
We do not take responsibility for any progression in damage where your Device has been repaired elsewhere prior to your repair at iElectron. Should any issues become evident, once the device is opened, we will contact you immediately via telephone/email (Examples of this may include missing screens and torn flex cables).
At all times we will endeavour to deliver on the estimated repair times given to you, but this may not always be possible due to delays in receiving parts, unforeseen issues with the Device or other reasons. Repair times given are estimates and cannot be guaranteed.
The warranty terms included with your repair are detailed in the above warranty table (section – ALL REPAIRS (UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED)). If the Device develops an additional fault unrelated to the original repair, the repair warranty contained in this paragraph will not apply. The warranty includes the repaired/replaced part(s) only and does not include further accidental or liquid damage to these parts. If your device is repaired by a 3rd party after our service, your warranty with iElectron will be voided.
Website terms & conditions
By continuing to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern iElectron’s relationship with you in relation to this website. The term ‘iElectron’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We may modify this agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement on the site. You should review the agreement periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued use of the site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified agreement.
- This website and all content contained within are for general information purposes only and is subject to change without notice.
- Neither iElectron, nor any third party provides any guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, information or services available on this website meet your specific requirements. Your use of any materials or information on this website is entirely at your own risk.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless iElectron, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Service from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Service.
Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions: The entire contents of the Site are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. The owner of the copyrights and trademarks are iElectron, its affiliates or other third party licensors.
You may not modify, copy, reproduce, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on the site, including text, graphics, code and/or software.
You may link to our website as long as you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation, but you must not establish a link in any way which suggests an association or endorsement where one does not exist.
You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials.
You agree to grant to iElectron a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to any public areas of the Site (such as bulletin boards, forums and newsgroups) or by email to email@example.com by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed.
You also grant to ielectron.ie the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against ielectron.ie for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to ielectron.ie.
Publications, products, content or services referenced herein or on the Site are the exclusive trademarks or service marks of iElectron. Other product and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Title does not pass until goods are paid for in full.
Purchased items only can be returned, if unopened, for full refund within 7 days.
10% restocking fee may apply.
Faulty items will be repaired or exchanged if repair is not possible.
Purchased items deemed abused will not be covered under warranty.
These terms apply for purchased items only, ask staff about the terms and conditions for repaired items.
Vouchers and/or coupons cannot be exchanged for cash and only one voucher/coupon can be applied to an item or repair invoice.
All vouchers/coupons are valid for 1 year from the date of issue.